Cub Scout and Webelos Scout Day Camp
Cub Scout Day Camp provides fun and adventure in the outdoors for packs and dens. Cub Scout Day Camp registration is open to all registered Cub Scouts. Day Camp is very affordable. Fees include hat, t-shirt, water bottle, activity patch and program.
| Camp || Location || Date || Time || Registration |
| Arapahoe District Twilight Camp || deKoevend Park || June 18-20 || 3:00pm-8:00pm || Click Here |
| Arapahoe District Webelos Twilight Camp || deKoevend Park || June 17-20 || 3:00pm-8:00pm || Click Here |
| Centennial District Twilight Camp || Aurora Reservoir || June 25-27 || 4:30pm-8:00pm || Click Here |
| Centennial District Day Camp || Aurora Reservoir || June 24-27 || 9:00am-3:00pm || Click Here |
| Frontier District Day Camp || Cook Park || July 16-18 || 9:00am-3:30pm || Click Here |
| Gateway District Twilight Camp || LDS Alkire Building || June 24-27 || 3:00pm-8:00pm || Click Here |
| Pioneer Trails District Day Camp || Polson Ranch || June 24-26 || 8:00am-2:45pm || Click Here |
| Timberline District Twilight Camp || Bear Creek Lake Park || June 9-12 || 2:00pm-8:00pm || Click Here |
| Valley District Day Camp || Carstens Park || June 3-6 || 9:00am-3:30pm || Click Here |
How Do I Register for Day Camp?
The Boy Scouts of America has established minimum standards for providing medical information prior to participating in various activities. Those standards are offered in one three-part medical form.
Parts A, B and the Addendum are to be completed annually by all BSA unit members. All three parts are required for all events that do not exceed 72 consecutive hours, where the level of activity is similar to that normally expended at home or at school, such as day camp, day hikes, swimming parties, or an overnight camp, and where medical care is readily available.
Please submit these forms when you arrive at Day Camp on the first day - Day Camp Health Form, Colorado Health Form Addendum
Day camp is an organized 3-to-4-day program for Tiger Cubs (and their adult partner), Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts under trained leadership at an approved site, during daylight or early evening hours but not overnight. Day camp youth participants are limited to registered Tiger Cubs (and their adult partners), Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts. Adults referred to as Group Guides must accompany every one to five Cub Scouts or one to five Webelos Scouts. All Tiger Cubs (in 1st grade for the 2014-2015 school year) must be accompanied by an adult partner. All Scouts who register as individuals must provide their own Group Guides.
Day Camp Scholarship
The Denver Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, strongly believes "no youth shall be denied a program experience because of lack of funds". However, every effort must be made by applicants to "earn their own way".
- Scholarships are available for Denver Area Council outdoor programs only.
- Only registered youth members of the Denver Area Council are granted scholarships.
- Full scholarships are not awarded. Due to limited funds, up to 25% of the total fee may be awarded. Only in extreme situations will more be awarded.
- Please fill out application completely.
- Return to Denver Area Council, BSA; Camping Department; 10455 W. 6th Avenue, Suite 100; Denver, CO 80215.
- Please submit request at least 30 days prior to the event. Scholarships cannot be given after attending the activity.
Download the Denver Area Council Scholarship form here.
What Should I Bring to Camp?
- Personal gear in a day pack
- Sweater or jacket
- Bring your water bottle and hat to camp every day
What is Mini Camp?
Select locations will offer a Mini Camp for younger children (potty trained youth, ages 3-10). Parents/guardians must be onsite at camp for their child to participate in Mini Camp. Fees vary from camp to camp and will be collected at the Mini Camp location or at the registration table at camp.
Cub Scout Day Camp registration fees are non-refundable but may be transferred to another Scout in your pack if your plans change. It is the pack or family's responsibility to find the replacement Scout and to notify the Council Service Center of the change.
Cub Scout Day Camp is a valuable activity for many reasons:
- Helps packs succeed.
- Strengthens den/pack organization for better year-round operation.
- Provides continuation of the Cub Scout program during the summer and the opportunity for units to earn the National Summertime Pack Award and to work toward qualifying for the National Quality Unit Award.
- Offers character development, citizenship training and personal fitness.
- Meets individual boy's needs and interests by offering a meaningful and educational Scouting program.
- Helps recruit new boys in the den and pack during the summer.
- Provides a method of recruiting, training and inspiring present and future Cub Scout leadership.
- Promotes fun and adventure with a purpose? The reasons why Cub Scouts join and stay in the program.